Followers

Thursday 14 June 2012

Kangaroos in the Top Paddock


Well after the Child bride left for work, I headed out to the Shed to again return to Cub-vana.

Our House in OJ borders remnant bushland & it is a fantastic place for us to wander around in the summer. This is also doubly good as this place is home to a whole heap of native critters such as birds (Magpies, Galahs, Cockatoos & Kookaburras), Lizards (mainly Blue Tongues & other skinks)… along with the endemic Brown & Red belly blacksnakes. There is also a small creek that has yabbies in it as well… the high tension power-lines certainly provide a contrast too!

But form my point of view, one of the coolest things that lives there are the resident Mob of Kangaroos. As I was headed out to the shed, I looked over the back fence & saw these fellas merrily chewing away…

Yep, there she is...looking straight at the camera... I wonder what she is thinking


The thing is that this mob are happy to loaf around & enjoy life on the rifle range that is about 1 km from my house (except of course, when they are shooting!)

I always like to look out thru the window of the Beer Shed & to be honest, I am always pleased that wild life is so happy, so close to Town - Maybe it's a kinda Zen thing...  The funny thing is that people don’t seem to be as impressed with the snakes that come to visit us in suburbia!

You can see Skippy & his mates lounging around between the trees
Well I am feeling pretty good, a quick 10 minute job & I can say the progress has been blistering so far, after having some time with Trees, Marsupials & a Honda Cub in a beer shed; how much better could life be!

PS, For the sake of Stepthru & other non-Strine speakers, this blogs title is slang (all be it slightly archaic)  implies a insanity; definitely appropriate for a Cub owner in OJ!

So Mote it be

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment