Followers

Monday 18 June 2012

Empty...


Empty… sort of…  well that is what the beer shed is like at the moment...

Well after the seat & the frame being delivered to their respective custodians, the Beer Shed looked rather empty
What happened to the Love Cub

This caused me to reflect upon my week; well a heck of a lot of progress proves that this has been a good week, & to be entirely honest, I think that this success has been due to the work not costing much (that is, just involving me doing stuff in the shed, something that most men just live for anyway!).

Thus this marks a change in the project; from now on, the job will require “the Folding Stuff”, Cabbage, Moola, Coin, My best friend Mr Johnny (Cash)… in other words, money!

I will get the seat from the Upholsters first, I think it’s important to pay your debts & keep the local guys doing the good work still happy & contented (with happy & contented customers), rather than keep on putting things on Tabs that I may have trouble paying at a later date; this will only cause more bad Karma (& after the shenanigans of the front forks & the bolt, I figure anything I can do to help my cause will be worth it!)

The next job will be to start stripping the engine down, this way I can get the rings & bearings that are required ordered & start some engine progress.

I will also have to see if I can order a Keihin carburettor gasket kit & bits such as the fuel tap & the plastic heat shield as well.
                 
It looks so easy in black & white (pic courtesy of Jesse from work who would’ve stolen it from somewhere else on the interweb!)
AND considering the issue of the bolt, I’ll have to look at options for the plastic body work & how it affixes to the body… Hmm, it was so easy before the cash bit got involved!

I will really have to sit down & think about what will be required & when (given my particular constraints) I hope the Child Bride is as understanding for the next phase as she was for the stages up to now!

The next elephant in the room is the wheels; well the brake shoes are no good & will need to be replaced & the spokes are a different thing, some are very loose, others are very firm… Oh well, had better check with the Old Bike Boys in OJ to see where I can get the spokes & wheels redone. Although, I have yet to pull the rubber off of the rims (maybe a good job for when I return to the Beer Shed)

Anyway, I am away from the nerd-box for a while, so hopefully the next entry will be positive!

So mote it be

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment