Followers

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Mr Hard Core…NOT!



OK, so after a much needed work session, I returned home, hoping that there would’ve been some progress in Cub-land; no joy on that front as it turns out!

Unfortunately, the hydro-blasters had not finished the clean of my mean machine so I couldn’t play with the engine or the frame. This fact was not too upsetting ad Dear Ol’Dad had arranged this all thru “Mates” so I can’t complain about the price!

In a similar vein, the upholsterer had not finished the seat, so there was no forward gear on that side of the equation either. Looks like the Cub time will be much reduced this break!

No biggie; there is heaps of other things for me to get on with.

The next problem was that of the weather in OJ at the time… 5 degrees & a forecast of snow down to 1000m (OJ is at 850m above sea level)… not high enough to let the snow settle, but it is high enough to be dam cold & miserable! 
8:30 in the morning & it was wet, cold & gloomy all day (this pic is rather over exposed!)

Especially if you want to go for a relaxing ride on a scooter!

Well the cat’s out of the bag & the whole cyber-world now knows that… I am now in the “Not Hard Core Club”; but hey, I can live with this fact, I ride scooters after all!
On the upside, as I have also been away at work for a while, it’s time to do the “stuff” that must be done instead… first cab off the rank was to do the food shop; if the Child bride had to be at work & if I was stuck driving a car, the least I could do would be to make the most of the situation so that we all weren’t down doing a Sunday arvo family shop. And I get to buy “Man Style”; how much meat do I need?

With that done, I was out to the beer shed. First, I wanted to go all Zen like with the remaining innards of the Love Cub…  BUT most importantly, I had some home brew to bottle. I had set the batch of apple cider fermenting before I went away for work, so, now that I had returned, time to bottle it into the last of my clean750ml long necks (the remaining bottles will ned some washing & sterilizing before i use them!)
  
The homebrew set up; the cupboard is lines with some off-cut polystyrene

Home brewing is another of my weird quirky hobbies, so it was good that I had to clean up push a path thru the Love Cubs Bits in order to get bottling… how happy I was, alcohol & motorcycle bits!

A fantastic way to spend the arvo before going on the afternoon school run, Ah, it is good to be home!

So Mote it Be

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment