Followers

Saturday 7 July 2012

Blue… I’m so blue over you…

Well, with the gardening done, i was feeling able to "waste" some time on a Manly Hobby!
So onto the nerd-box I go & straight to E-bay… So now, on top of “how much is this going to cost” & “where am I going to get the parts for this work” I now have the “What if they no longer make the body parts that I need” to worry about.
 I have come the conclusion that I am stuffed; the colors of the plastic panels that are for sale all appear to be NOT the lovely sky blue that the Love Cub was originally; This compounds the other issue that I have with the available plastic headlight & under handlebar bits; the Love Cubs are different to the ones that I see on e-bay … I will have to be careful to contact these sellers so that the worst case I can get an entire colored plastic set in a color that I like & paint the bike to match… However, I am NOT going pink with the color scheme!
At this point I must ask, why the bloody hell did the previous owners paint it mat black? I know the answer to this already; I just wish they hadn’t painted the handlebar plastic!
Well it turns out these are the hard bits to find on the interwebz...

Hmm, maybe that nice light green would be cool, whereas, if I do the Love Cub in the very popular red, I am pretty sure all the people around OJ will think it is an ex-Australia Post Postie bike & not the wonderful Honda 50 that has had all those songs written about it!
Please don’t take that as being down on the mighty Honda CT110 Postie bike - they are Australia’s top selling motorbike after all, but they are not a Cub!
Anyway, the e-bay thing is interesting; rather than a website based supplier (such as the Vespa & Lambretta part selling ScootRS.com) you really have to be careful with what you are ordering (ScootRS do tell you to quote your scooter model to reduce the risk of the wrong part being delivered, which is reassuring when you are not buying off a local business
Well, there is nothing for it but to start e-mailing pictures to prospective suppliers so that I can be sure that I am on the same page, like the carpenters say “Measure twice & cut once!”
So Mote it
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment