Followers

Sunday 20 May 2012

Just the facts


Well my prodigious output is beginning to slow; largely due to me “catching up” to where I am (unfortunately my posts will be a bit more real time in future!)

So, with that in mind, I have a few more bits of info & what else has gone on
First of all, I thought that I would contact Honda Australia & ask what year model the Love Cub is. That e-mail request was sent on a Friday evening & a reply turned up midday on Monday. The Love Cub is, just like me, a 1970 model! Yay, thanks Honda Oz for your rapid reply.

The same age as me – this confirmed to me that it was the right thing to do (the restoration that is!) Honda even included a link so I could find my nearest Honda dealer for parts (not a problem as I already by light bulbs for the Vespa & Lambretta from them in OJ!)

Next, there are no more “REVS” (Register of Encumbered Vehicles) checks in Oz; it is now done through the PPSR (Personal Property Securities Register). I think Oz has copied the NZ system, but that doesn’t worry me, as this seems to be national, rather than state based (so it is therefore better!).  I must therefore use this scheme to ascertain if the Love Cub was stolen or otherwise encumbered as security for a loan, or, was written off as un-repairable (& thus a waste of money/time)

This is all on line & easy to do, all you need is the VIN; Vehicle Identification Number. These started in about the mid-1980s… oops! So the love cub is pre-VIN, pre-metric & pre-unleaded petrol.

 Very retro indeed!

The PPSR system does make allowances for this though, so after handing over the magic plastic info, I got a search result clearing the Love Cub; Yay,  it IS worthwhile restoring the old girl! AND I will be able to say that I own it, not someone else! I think I will pop up as the owner when I register the ol’ Girl!

With this all done, I can continue beavering away in peace & insanity!

So Mote it Be!

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment