Followers

Sunday 13 May 2012

The Stripper…

OK, so I had returned back from work; now before I get too excited & pick up the Love Cub, I need somewhere to put her…
As luck would have it, my beer fridge had just died (after a LOOONG time of servis to the family!). This left me a shed that needed a “purpose” (other than just putting the mower into… Hmm, the Cub will look good near the side window…
But first, I have decided to do some clearing out of the “old” beer shed & give myself some usable space.
Unfortunately, the rats had made a mess of a lot of the old cupboards, so they needed to go to a better place (landfill). This also added to the available space in the shed.
Next I cleaned (yes, swept, scrubbed & mopped & then mopped the floor). Then off to the Hardware store for some cement paint to cover the floor with (I chose a light blueish-purple colour as it looks nothing like the safety yellow & other obnoxious colours seen at my workplace. Satin finish; not too shinny & not too matt finish either.
Looks a treat & way easier to clean (I am a messy person, so this is a big thing for me to notice!)
Now, with the shed work done, I could pick up the Love Cub, but only after the Child Brides car passed its registration on Monday; so on Tuesday I would be able to “own the Cub – finally… but only after Danny’s swimming lessons!
Well, Tuesday morning we grabbed The brother-in-laws trailer & swung by Mum & Dad’s place to get the Love Cub. We roped the old girl in, said G’day to Mum & off we went. Straight to the workshop to use the pressure washer to clean the first lot of grime off the old girl. Unfortunately, it didn’t peel the crappy black paint off the bike… damn! Oh well, you get that on the big jobs!
The Purpose was to get the Love Cub back to my place, “clean-ish” & to start stripping the old girl down, part one of today’s mission done!
All trussed up for the journey!

So when I arrived home, I thought that I would re-annimate the old girl… hmm, not be… oh well, I had best start to work on stripping it!
I had about 2 hours to get the Cub into the shed before the Child Bride returned from work; so I unloaded her & bounced her up the stairs to the old beer shed (thank goodness that a Cub is only 75ish kgs!)
I even put paper on the floor underneath the Cub – I don’t want to get the new paint dirty do I?
Now I can start to strip in earnest!

No comments:

Post a Comment