Followers

Friday 28 September 2012

Pop culture scooter stuff...


So the Child Bride & I had to go to Brisbane for a wedding (Deanna & Ben). This required a weekend stay over in banana bender territory. 

So, as we had a child free morning we went for a Saturday morning walk along the banks of the river… & after a breakfast overlooking a Dragon Boat race, we ended up wandering through a market ... where we came across a lovely (but rather eccentric) lady who sold pop culture stuff like tee-shirts &  badges.

My haul of tacky pop culture!


The seller was really out there, but, she did have a good selection of badges for me to look at whilst the Child Bride looked at nice stylish things

I immediately saw the mod inspired roundel & had to buy it.
“A pug not drugs” badge would be good for the sensible Alissa. But the silly boys would need something more...

They each ended up with
A smiley badge
A ninja badge
An angry bird badge
Benny also got a Lego badge, and Alissa the sensible also got a Danger Mouse badge (retro baby!) as well as a recycling symbol badge.

The boys were really impressed (with Dan wearing the badges proudly to his transition classes), I think I have confirmed to Alissa the sensible that I am officially a nutbag!

Oh well, you get that!

I did stick the Mod squad badge on the side of the hat that I was wearing to truly invoke the scooter-Mod retro thing I have a  a lot of the time these days!
The Mod Squad badge on my Fedora (Bris-Vegas in the background)

A close up of the Roundel

So mote it be

Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment